- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB butter
- 1 tsp basil
- dash crushed red chili pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- dash salt
- 3 29 oz tomato sauce
- 7 oz Gouda cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- pasta for 10 servings, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, grated
In olive oil and butter, saute' basil, chili pepper, onion, garlic, and salt until onion is tender. Add tomato sauce and cook until flavors combine (at least 20 minutes, the longer the better). Add Gouda cheese and stir until melted. Add heavy cream and remove from heat (cream should not be cooked). Serve over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Makes 10 servings.
We made this the other night and both my husband and I agreed this dish would be better with some chicken. The chicken that we think would go best with this dish is as follows:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Wash and drain chicken breasts.
- Pound until very thin (the thinner the chicken breasts the better).
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Place milk in dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
- Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium high temperature until golden crisp and cooked through.
- Add more oil as needed.
- Remove and drain chicken; keep warm.