- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound top round, London broil, or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Two 8-ounce packages white button mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
- 4 cups cooked whole-wheat egg noodles
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer the meat with its juices to a plate.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and have released most of their water, about 5 minutes.
Return the beef and juices to the pan and stir to incorporate. Sprinkle with the flour and stir until well combined. Add the beef broth, wine, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens and reduces slightly, 5 minutes. Stir in the yogurt and cook for 1 minute more.
Spoon the mixture over the noodles and garnish with parsley.