Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cowboy Casserole

We made this for my niece's bridal shower. It came out so yummy. It is the perfect breakfast all in one pan!

2 bags of frozen shredded hash browns

1 lb cooked ham (deli honey ham)

4 cups shredded cheese

6 eggs

1/2 pint half and half (1 cup)

salt and pepper

1 large yellow onion, sauteed

1 lb cooked bacon


Add both bags of hash browns in a 9x13 pan for 1 hour at 400, it will look like it's too much, but they cook down. Mix eggs, half and half and salt and pepper. I cooked my bacon and then sauteed the onions in the bacon grease until they were tender. Layer bacon, ham, cheese, and onion on top of the cooked hash browns. Pour egg mixture over top and cook for 45 min at 350.


(If you choose to make this the night before do everything except pour the egg mixture over the casserole in the morning. I still prepare this the night before so that I don't have to do it in the morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment